Our client is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group headquartered in Australia. With a portfolio of companies designed to provide a complete mining value chain throughout Australia, Africa and around the world – Their goal is to provide a seamless client experience, delivered by local people.
We are seeking a confident HR / ER / IR Advisor with 3-7 years of experience within contracting, mining and construction.
Your role will be to provide accurate and expert advice on disciplinary and performance management matters, dismissals, wage rates, discrimination in the workplace, bullying and harassment, work health and safety queries and many more workplace matters. Your ability to manage clients’ expectations through difficult times will be paramount and your organisation and prioritisation skills are a must in the successful delivery of the world-class service that we offer
- Provide workplace relations advice face to face, by phone and email
- Guide SME clients to manage their ER matters from strategy to execution
- Create Employment Agreements
- Conduct workplace investigations and supporting managers with disciplinary matters with the support of the P&C Manager
- Communicate complex information or concepts to clients without using technical jargon
- Support the development and delivery of various HR programs
- Supporting the review of company policies and procedures, including implementation as required.
The right person will possess
- Experience working in an advisory role in an employer association or trade union will be highly regarded
- Detailed and up to date knowledge of the national employment relations framework, together with relevant practical experience in providing professional quality advice across all workplace relations matters
- Experience managing employee matters such as disciplinary action, redundancies and performance management from inception to completion
- Experience interpreting or advising on Australia’s workplace laws such as the Fair Work Act or Modern Awards
- Proven capability in providing timely commercial advice to clients, together with excellent verbal and written communication skills being essential
- Qualifications in law, industrial relations or human resources are preferred
- Demonstrated experience in providing HR/ER and IR advice
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written abilities
- Experience working in an unionised environment is desired but not essential
This position presents the unique opportunity to work in a highly supportive and engaging environment, whilst affording a significant level of autonomy. This is a key role and the successful candidate will have the skills, knowledge and experience to deliver an exceptional service to our clients.
If you feel you fit the requirements outlined above, please hit apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions. If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander we encourage you to let us know in your application. If you require assistance with your making your application, please contact the recruitment team: email@example.com
All applications will be treated strictly confidential and an update will be provided to you throughout the recruitment campaign. Initial telephone enquiries can be made to Tracy Frawley on (08) 9322 2900.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.