- Perth based with travel to Alice Springs and Darwin
- Key Senior Position
- Greenfield Project
Arafura Resources is an emerging world-class minerals producer with a significant resource and proposed processing facility to be located in the Northern Territory. A definitive Feasibility Study has been completed, and now detailed engineering works are commencing with a view to starting construction in the first half of 2021. As a consequence, this position has been created to support the General Manager Projects and General Manager, Northern Territory & Sustainability build and apply best practice Health, Safety and Environment protocols. Initially based in Perth, there is an opportunity to later relocate to Alice Springs once the project moves into construction and operations.
The main functions of this role are;
• Support the GM Projects and GM Operations to develop a suitable HSE culture within the Project and Operations groups and provide visible leadership on safety, cultural heritage and environmental issues.
• Work with the GM NT & Sustainability to finalise necessary approvals for the mine, processing complex and associated infrastructure.
• Develop management plans to ensure the planned construction and operations comply with the Nolans Project Northern Territory and Commonwealth environmental approval conditions and meets commitments outlined in the Environmental Impact Statement for the project.
• Assist with and develop an integrated management system (IMS) compliant with the relevant ISO standards.
• Manage and coordinate all HSE site-based strategies and activities for construction and operations, including implementation of management and monitoring programs.
• Manage relationships with regulators and government agencies and ensure these groups are consulted, well informed and engaged with respect to health, safety and environmental issues.
To be considered for this position candidates should have:
• Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in an HSE role within the mining industry preferable with exposure to greenfield projects
• Experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of health, safety and environmental management systems.
• Experience in an HSE role within a construction project.
• Degree (or equivalent) qualification in environmental science and preferably a safety related discipline.
• Demonstrated capability to manage multiple contractors and deliver on time in full across all aspects of EHS projects.
• Detailed knowledge of the regulatory landscape for the resources industry, preferably including the Northern Territory.
• Sound knowledge and experience of ISO compliant management systems
• Strong leadership skills & demonstrated capability to manage an office and HSE team.
• Capable of building strong commercial relationships and managing consultants and contractors.
This is a key appointment instrumental in driving EHS in the business, and will, therefore, attract a highly competitive remuneration package.
Applications for this position should be addressed to Jenny Moutou at Project Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial telephone enquiries can be made on 9322 2900.