Our client is a well-established project consultancy that has delivered specialist project management services internationally for more than 50 years. Its portfolio of work extends from complex multi-billion-dollar capital works to small scale construction projects across infrastructure, transport, tourism, health, defence, communications, mining and oil and gas. Their clients are diverse and include project owners, builders and contractors, financiers, local, state and federal governments, architects, lawyers, consulting engineers, telecommunication organisations and banks. Their services include programming and scheduling, project controls, cost management, project management, dispute resolution, forensic delay analysis, strategic advice, 4D planning and claims management.
This a leadership role within a growing business and will be responsible for mentoring and guiding project teams involved in the provision of a full range of pre and post contract planning/scheduling services on a variety of projects in construction and engineering. As an expanding business with offices nationally and internationally, it is expected that the appointee will contribute to the further expansion, promotion and development of the organisation. In return, there will be an opportunity for higher-level rewards including profit-based shareholding.
The ideal applicant will have
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering (civil, structural, mechanical) or Architecture or Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- Minimum of fifteen years post-graduate experience in the provision of the full range of pre and post contract construction programming/scheduling/project controls services
- Knowledge of best practice Project Controls (PMBOK, Total Cost Management AACE) etc)
- Appropriate memberships and recognition of expertise and qualifications (AACEI, ACES, RES, AIQS, RICS, RMIA, APM)
- Proficiency in planning/ scheduling software such as Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject, Microsoft Project
- Forensic delay analysis/claims and dispute resolution is highly regarded.
- A high level of skill and understanding of construction planning, programming and project controls principles, standards and methodology.
- The ability and confidence to present and engage with clients at all levels.
- The ability to assist in the creation and maintenance of strong client relationships as well as to identify new business opportunities.
How to Apply
This role will pay a competitive salary plus incentives. In the medium term, the incumbent will also be eligible for consideration of acceptance into the shareholding scheme.
Please submit your resume quoting reference 18_246 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further telephone enquiries can be made to Peter Giannas on 08 9322 2900. This is a Brisbane based role but candidates from other locations in Australia are encouraged to apply in order to be considered for other positions within this organisation.