Our client is an ASX-listed mining and exploration company with base metals and gold operations in Australia. They are looking for a few highly motivated mineral processing engineers to assist the Processing Team with all mine production activities (on open-pit and underground).
- Responsible for the metallurgical performance of the plant on a day-to-day basis and providing technical support to the processing team.
- Maintain and update operating strategies and troubleshooting guides to assist in the technical training of Process Operators.
- Assist Senior Metallurgist in identifying and rectify inefficiencies and bottlenecks through operational performance data inclusive of recommendations for improvement.
- Provide technical reports on plant performance analysis and minor projects with statistical analysis to validate results where possible.
- Prepare scope and execute laboratory and plant testing using a range of analytical techniques and equipment to support production quality control programs.
- Complete daily and weekly production data reporting, commenting on performance variance from budget and forecast.
- Ensure Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) systems are in place and adhered to in order to meet product specifications.
- Conduct equipment inspections during shutdowns and on a needs basis.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Valid ‘C’ Class WA Drivers’ License
- Demonstrated experience working in a mineral processing operation, including crushing, grinding, flotation, thickening and filtering plants, including magnetic separation and magnetite processing
- Experience in a similar position in the mining or other heavy industry environment
- Exposure to metallurgical accounting and process control systems and Statistical Process Control
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability using statistical analysis for problem-solving
- Australian Citizenship or hold a valid visa with permission to work
- National Police clearance
You will be provided with access to a fully serviced camp accommodation. The position is FIFO on an 8:6 Roster.
Candidates must undergo pre-employment tests, including drug and alcohol screening. A valid police clearance must be provided.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. International candidates will not be considered at this stage.