Mining / Production Engineer
Mining – Engineering & Maintenance (Mining, Resources & Energy)
Our client is an ASX listed mining and exploration company with copper and gold operation in Australia. They are looking for a highly motivated Production Engineer to assist the Senior Production Engineer with all mine production activities.
Reporting to the Senior Production Engineer you will be responsible assisting with drill and blast, ventilation, projects and short term scheduling.
In this role you would be responsible for:
- Produce drill and blast plans, backfill plans and project work instructions to guide underground mining,
- Data entry for monitoring mine performance,
- Monitor underground ventilation and undertake ventilation surveys,
- Regular underground inspections to ensure plans and designs are relevant and practical given mining constraints,
- Assist the Senior Production Engineer in development of the weekly schedule,
- Assist the Senior Production Engineer and the Mining Superintendent to coordinate daily mining activities,
- Assist the Senior Production Engineer to produce stope notes to ensure safe and efficient production plans are created.
- Tertiary qualified in Mining Engineering accompanied by some experience in a similar role within an underground mining environment,
- Have exposure to various stages of an underground operation, including ventilation, backfill, production, scheduling and drill & blast,
- Be a user of mining industry software (Deswik), or a similar package,
- Have completed their underground practical time (desirable – not essential).
About the Role:
- Full time employment on a family friendly roster 8/6 (Tuesday to Tuesday)
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged
- Opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued progression
- Friendly camp with good food and mess facilities
- Competitive salary packages, with salary sacrificing options
- 5 weeks annual leave
You will be provided with access to a fully serviced camp accommodation. Position is FIFO on an 8:6 Roster.
Candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment tests including drug and alcohol screening. A valid police clearance must be provided.
Please note, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. International candidate will not be considered at this stage.